Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scanning Important Items for Your Layouts

Whenever I go somewhere important I always come home with tickets to the event, brochures or pamphlets from our activity. If I were paper scrapping I would just cut them up and use them in my layouts since I love having these great keepsakes to look back and remember.

Well, you can do the same thing with digi scrapping. I just take the ticket or brochure and scan it on to my computer. I then just crop it the way I want it and place it on my layout. It's very easy and then you can throw the item away once you scan it. Just make sure you are scanning your items at a minimum or 300 dpi so that they print at a high quality.

Check out a few layouts I have done this with.

This first layout was from a Utah Jazz Basketball game I went to. I just scanned the ticket and placed it behind my photo. It's fun to be able to read all of the information on the ticket.

(The kit used on this layout is just one I made up for this layout.) This next layout is from my honeymoon cruise. I scanned the ID card they give you to use on the cruise. It's great to have these memories.
(Kit: Beach Cruisin' by Becky Young Designs)

If you don't want to scan or don't have a scanner, you can always just take a picture of the ticket or item and use it in your layout. Check out these layouts as an example.
This first layout is of a Darrius Rucker concert I went to. I just took a picture of the tickets and used it in my layout. That way you can just throw the tickets away.
(I'm not sure what kit this is. Please let me know if you know.) And this next layout is of a Utah Bee's Game I went to. Once again I just took a picture of the tickets and used them in my layout. I try to take a picture of them at the event so I don't have to worry about them getting lost.
(Kit: Batter Up by Teri's Thing-O-My-Jigs)

I think either way you want to cooridinate your tickets and other items in your layout is a great option. It will be fun down the road to be able to look at these layouts and remember all the fun you had and be able to see all of the information about it.

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Jun 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete