Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Using Alphas

I used to never use alphas that come with kits but a few months ago I started using them and now I am seriously addicted. I've made it a point to create an alpha for all of my new kits. I think a good alpha can really add to a layout more than just a regular font can. Let me show you what I mean.

Here is a fun layout by bmrunt using my "Beach Cruisin" kit. The alpha she used is from the same kit and is a brown polka dot chipboard alpha. So cute!! I think the alpha really adds to the page and makes the title stand out.

And here is another layout by Becky22 using the same "Beach Cruisin" kit. I love how she only used the alpha for the word beach. It really makes it stand out. She also added some elements from the kit around the alpha. So cute!!!

Also, alphas are so easy to use. They either come in a sheet of letters or a each letter is in its own file. If they are in a sheet just select which letter you want and cut it out of the page and then duplicate it onto your layout. If they are their own files just place them on your page individually and size and space them how you like. So easy and so fun and they really can take your layout to another layout.

So go out and start using all of those alphas you have saved!!

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete