Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Using a Stroke on Your Titles

Recently I have really been into making the titles on my layouts stand out. I have found myself using a font and the using a stroke on it to make it stand out even more. If you don't know what a stroke is, it's just a border all around your item with the color of your choice. Check out these layouts to see what I mean:

This is a layout I did with the "Graduation Day" kit from Scraps n' Pieces. I typed the word graduation in a teal color and then did a white stroke around the whole thing and It really makes the word stand out.

Here is another layout I did using "Her Birthday Surprise" by HD Creations. I did a stroke on the words "Happy Birthday" in this layout. I love how it makes the words pop out.

Here are the steps to use a stroke in PSE:
1. Type your title in your color and font of choice.
2. Simply this text layer. (Layer>Simplify Layer)
3. Apply the stroke to the layer. (Edit>Stroke (Outline) Selection)
4. Choose the color of the stroke, the size and the location. Click OK.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [14 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks for the tip! I am soooo new to PSE!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete